REASON TO DONATE
At this juncture in our fight, we see three key strategies for putting a full stop to these anchorages:
- Our approach to date has been to conduct and explore independent research and analysis of this anchorage proposal and to carefully review any documents we can get our hands on that the proponents are using to justify going ahead with their plan. While much of this work is being done by volunteers and we do receive pro bono legal support, there are still many costs for legal research and advice, access to information requests etc.
- Spreading the word and enlisting concerned citizens on and off Gabriola Island to support our cause costs money too. We are employing everything from lawn signs and vehicle stickers to social media and conventional media campaigns.
- GAFA executive members continue to pursue and partake in meetings with government and industry officials to learn what we can and to press our case that the shores of Gabriola are not the right place for freighter anchorages. This at times involves travel expenses.
HOW YOU CAN DONATE
- Click on the Donate button above or follow this link.
- Go to any Coastal Credit Union office and make a donation to the Gabriolans Against Freighter Anchorages Society account.
- Write a cheque to Gabriolans Against Freighter Anchorages Society and mail it to the following address:
Gabriolans Against Freighter Anchorages Society
PO Box 359