We will never share or sell your personal information. Never.
This policy governs all pages hosted at https://gafa.ca.
The policy does not apply to pages hosted by other organisations to which we may link and whose privacy policies may differ. Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
Personally identifiable information
When you register to use the website – for example, subscribe to an e-newsletter – we collect the following information about visitors to the site: IP addresses; pages accessed; your location, operating system, etc and any information volunteered by you, such as an email address.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that we pass to your computer’s hard disk through your web-browser so that the website can remember who you are. Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
For more information about cookies, please see www.allaboutcookies.org.
Instructions on how to stop cookies being installed on your browser
Use of information
GAFA uses the information we collect about you to help us with understanding more about how our site is used, to make the site more useful, and to be able to send you relevant communications such as our e-newsletters.
Collection of information
When you are on htt://gafa.ca, and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information only with GAFA unless stated otherwise.
Distribution of information
If you have subscribed to our e-newsletters, we will send you regular communications as specified in the relevant area of the website. You are able to unsubscribe from any of the e-newsletters, or stop receiving our publications, at any time by altering your preferences on this site (or by contacting the campaign using the contact details provided on the site).
Changing and removing information
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to us. We are always looking for ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that GAFA maintains about you through the GAFA website. If you change your email address, or if any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please change it online, or email webmaster@XXX.org. If you want us to stop using any information which you have provided in order to contact you, please also email webmaster@XXX.org.
Except as explained below, GAFA will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, and will not sell or rent lists containing your information to third parties. GAFA may disclose information when it has your permission to do so or under special circumstances, such as when it believes in good faith that the law requires it. GAFA may also use such information to contact individuals for marketing purposes.
When you give GAFA personal information we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, GAFA cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we use our best efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
Current Terms and conditions
Use of this website is provided by GAFA subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Your use constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as at the date of your first use of the site. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, your use of this site must be ended immediately.
2. GAFA may change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions as modified.
3. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the site by, any third party.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, and logos regarding or relating to GAFA are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made by GAFA or any third party and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies and/or errors. In no event will GAFA be liable for any damages whatever including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, arising from use of this site or in connection with use or loss of use of this site, whether in contract or in negligence save that this condition will not restrict our liability for any kind of loss the limitation of which is not permitted by law.
5. GAFA does its best to ensure that this site is functioning correctly and that materials contained in the site are timely and accurate. However, GAFA does not warrant or represent: (a) that the functions and materials contained in this site will always be uninterrupted or error free; (b) that defects will be corrected; (c) that this site, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs; and (d) the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials found on this site.
6. Concerns about accuracy of information: we invite you to bring to our attention any material you believe to be factually inaccurate. Please notify us by forwarding a copy of the material and your comments by email to: GAFASociety@gmail.com.
7. Copyright in the information and materials contained on this website, and any translations of such material, are at all times owned by GAFA unless otherwise indicated.
8. The information and materials contained on this website may be translated, printed and used for personal, educational and not-for-profit purposes only, provided at all times that source indications are stated (to include, but not to be limited to, the name of the copyright owner). Under no circumstances shall GAFA be held responsible for the content of any third party translation or adaptation. It is strictly prohibited to sell any information or materials to third parties or to use any information or materials for personal gain.
9. Some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not GAFA . All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated in respect of such documents/photographs).
10. GAFA takes no responsibility for the content of external internet sites. In addition, links to these websites cannot be taken as any endorsement of the content or approval by GAFA of the views and expressions on these websites.
11. Where information or material has been posted by a third party on the site, including the GAFA blog, or an GAFA social networking profile, including Facebook, Twitter and You Tube, GAFA takes no responsibility for the contents of the posting. The posting may not have been reviewed by GAFA Please do not post inappropriate, confidential or sensitive information, or materials for which appropriate dissemination rights have not been obtained. We invite you to bring to our attention any information or material you believe to be inappropriate, confidential or sensitive, or unlawfully disseminated.
12. Trademarks: the GAFA name and logo are trademarks of GAFA. The names, images and logos identifying GAFA or third parties and their products and services are the proprietary marks of GAFA and/or third parties as appropriate. Nothing contained therein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right under any trademark or patent of GAFA or any third party.
13. External links to GAFA: any organisation wishing to set up a link to this site must complete a link request form and confirm their agreement to the terms and conditions attached to the form. Contact GAFASociety@gmail.com to initiate the process.
14. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like (‘Contribution’) is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. On posting any Contributions to this site, you confirm that you are granting GAFA a perpetual (and irrevocable), royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive licence to use the material in your Contribution for any purpose in any media in any part of the world. This includes the right for GAFA to copy, edit, publish, grant sub-licences, and exercise all other copyright and publicity rights over the material. You also waive all ‘moral rights’ in the materials. If you do not wish to grant us these rights, please do not post your Contribution to this site.
15. By posting a Contribution to this site you warrant that:
• your Contribution does not infringe any person’s intellectual property rights, which include any copyright, moral rights or trade mark rights;
• you have necessary permission from everyone in a picture or video. For children and young people the permission must be from their parent or legal guardian.
16. GAFA does not endorse any Contribution or any opinion, statement, or advice expressed by users of this site. To the fullest extent permitted by law, GAFA expressly disclaims all liability in connection with any Contributions made by users of this site.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of British Columbia. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of British Columbia.